Letters From Home: A Wake-Up Call for Success & Wealth
Think the country’s messed up these days? Imagine what it’ll be like when our leaders are from the current generation of entitled, impatient, disrespectful, whiny, overindulged, lazy kids being raised to exploit their 15 minutes of infamy for as long as possible. You can continue to throw your hands up in frustration and defeat, half-hoping you’re not around to see the day when the Sheen/Lohan ticket has a mandate to run the nation. Or you can suck it up and reclaim your capacity to parent.
Written in the form of letters to the authors’ four sons, Letters From Home lays out a bold, no-nonsense approach to raising grateful kids who:
- Understand the value of hard work and aspire to something higher than behaving outrageously on a reality show.
- Have the skills and motivation to pick themselves up, dust themselves off, and move forward when things don’t go their way.
- Get the fact that the world revolves around something other than them.
- Go above and beyond rather than trying to get away with doing as little as humanly possibly.
- Show respect. Toward other human beings. For property. For other people’s time. For our country.
- Act kind and civil. And smile once in a while.
- Propose solutions instead of complaining endlessly and filling up the time-space continuum with angry, hot air.
- Actually talk to you in person instead of texting your phone.
- Learn to take responsibility for their actions rather than automatically advancing to the lightning round of the blame game.
Part cultural treatise and part kick in the pants, Letters from Home is a moving reminder that we’re blessed to live in a land of freedom and opportunity. It should inspire us all—parents, influential leaders, and ordinary citizens alike—to do everything in our power to honor and perpetuate that legacy.
Letters from Home Trailer
Reviews for Letters From Home
“Letters From Home offers parents a blueprint to raise children who will be successful in business and in life.” –Adam Shapiro, FOX Business
“David and Andrea Reiser have written a primer for parents...it did my heart good to know that getting it together as a family doesn't have to be an impossible dream.” –Pat Farnack, WCBS New York
“It's a message that, in the wrong hands, can seem sappy and outdated. In David and Andrea Reisers', it's vital. And very, very timely.” –Dan Woog, Westport News
“The Reisers have done a great service to people at this time of turmoil in our society. Their book not only teaches us about unique individuals who contribute so much wisdom to all that they touch, they also show us wonderful role models for our children to follow. In this permissive society, it is wonderful learn lessons that help us to value people and to live a life of integrety. The stories are not preachy. They are moving. It makes me want to have this kind of people in my life too.” –Amazon Reviewer
“This is the best parenting book I've ever read.” –Linda Hutchinson, The Review Hutch
“There is much wisdom and common sense in this book. The big question is whether we have the inner-strength and commitment to make the sacrifices needed to bring about change.” –Larry Cox, Tucson Citizen