I live my life each day with an attitude of gratitude. Life's a journey, and having an attitude of gratitude helps keep things in perspective and focus on the positive stuff, especially since it's easy to get dragged down in the silly minutia of daily life. Keeping a gratitude journal is a great way to record and reflect upon the kindnesses, delights and blessings that have come your way. Here's my gratitude journal for this week:
• a truly memorable date at Stone Barns with my husband to celebrate our 18th anniversary
• that the 10th anniversary of 9/11 passed without incident, and that I was able to commemorate the solemn day the same way I have for the past nine years—by watching the bell-ringing and reading of the names
• lunch dates with my girls!
• meeting the dedicated, enthusiastic teachers at the high school who bring passion to learning for my very lucky boys
• the fact that Matt and I somehow both got charged up for his bar mitzvah this week
• a beautiful, sunny autumn-like day