This week’s Angel Word is inspiration, and I thought this would be a great opportunity to look back and see which quotes inspired you most this year. The daily quotes I created and posted on Facebook were seen by almost 2.5 million people in the past six months alone, and it’s always interesting to find out which messages touched and inspired readers most deeply. So without further ado, here we go:
10.”I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” –Maya Angelou
To honor the passing of brilliant author and poet Maya Angelou, I selected three of her most beautiful quotes to share. This was the most popular, and is #10 on the list of your favorite inspiring quotes of the year.
9. “Begin and end each day with a grateful heart.”
I’ll never know if it was the hands forming a heart or the message, but this quote about gratitude landed at #9 for the year.
8. “May the joy that you give to others be the joy that comes back to you.”
It’s a simple blessing, but it resonated with readers who appreciated the message and passed it along to share with family and friends.
7. “You don’t need anyone else’s approval to be happy.”
Wow! Readers really loved this liberating message about happiness, and posted comments like “Right on!” “Amen!” and “So true!”
6. “I am grateful for this day!”
Thousands of you were also grateful, making this the sixth most popular inspiring quote of 2014.
5. “Joy does not simply happen to us. We have to choose joy and keep choosing it every day.” – Henri J.M. Nouwen
This is one of the most powerful quotes of the year, and I love that so many of you were inspired by the message and felt the personal responsibility for choosing joy every day.
4. “A good life is when you smile often, dream big, laugh a lot and realize how blessed you are for what you have.”
Such a sweet message about the importance of gratitude. Indeed recognizing your blessings makes for a good life.
3. “This is my wish for you: peace of mind, prosperity throughout the year, love to fill your life, health for you and yours, happiness to nourish your soul, friendship that feels like a warm hug, laughter that makes your heart merry, spirit to pursue your dreams, joy to fill your holidays!”
My wish for readers just this past weekend was shared far and wide. Because of that, more than 30,000 of your friends and family have seen this blessing so far, winding up at #3 on the list of most inspiring messages of the year.
2. “There is always, always something to be thankful for.”
This is like the anthem for our community, an inspiring reminder of gratitude and looking for silver linings.
1. “Don’t let anyone dull your sparkle.”
When I think about inspiration, there’s nothing more personally touching than this quote. And obviously you all agree, because by far, this is the most popular quote I’ve posted for the year 2014. It’s positive and empowering, and so many of you have pledged to own that sparkle!